Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Revenge 2X18-Dark and Light

I knew you could do it Daniel.

I knew you could figure out that your mother was the one threatening you, not the Initiative. Because they do not give a fuck about Emily, really, and your mother totally does. And score one for Emily, finally getting one on Victoria. I feel like a lot of her plans go awry, and I'm glad to see one seem to work.

The final showdown for these two should prove to be interesting and entertaining.
Poor Nolan. I was really hoping that Padma would be alive and we could see these two love birds reunite. But no, Revenge is not that show that will give you a happy ending. It will crush your heart and blow your mind simultaneously. I loved the scene where Emily comforts Nolan. Their friendship is kind of wonderful, and I love that she was willing to abandon her plans to be with him. I also love how this show uses these moments to show us Amanda. I've always thought that Emily VanCamp is the best actress on the show as she allows us to see Amanda's emotional reactions to a scenario before "The Ice Queen" Emily take over. But then the show gives us these moments of Amanda caring for Nolan, or her relationship with Aiden, and the audience gets a look into the opposite of the Ice Queen. Amanda is a character made up of many extreme and competing emotions; Emily is not. And I love that this show lets us get to know both of these characters.
Feels.
Speaking of Aiden, I'm not always sold on their relationship. Sometimes I really enjoy them and sometimes I find him obnoxious. I understand that he's jealous of Daniel and all, but when he first came on the show he was willing to do anything to get his sister back. Didn't he even betray Amanda when they were learning how to be Revengers? But now he become all overprotective and cold with Emily? What the hell dude? Hopefully we'll be seeing less of him as Emily and Daniel become closer. I'm really curious about Emily and Daniel. She seems to care for him, but her goal is Victoria. So is she trying to make Victoria angry by going after Daniel?
I'm not sure how I feel about these two.
Other thoughts:
-I used to be ambivalent about Charlotte, but I like her more after she punched that girl.
-I'm glad Nolan could help advance not only Jack's plan, but Emily's as well
-I also like that Ashley may have something to do on this show besides serve the Graysons.
-So Trask is gone, and that's who I thought Falcon was, so now who could it be? Are they going to introduce a new character or have it be a current character?

2 comments:

  1. I think Aiden had every right to be disgusted with Emily after she slept with Daniel. Playing nice is one thing, but she crossed the line.

    The only thing he did to betray Emily was leave her to save his sister. I don't really call that a betrayal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you're right. I think I mostly just don't like Aiden, so I'm a little prejudice against him.

      Delete