Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Idealism vs. Realism-The Good Wife 4X20

I thought that the case in this episode was extremely timely and important, and will have a whole post dedicated to it. This portion is about the rest of the episode.

Diane/Will
Diane continues to be vetted for the Supreme Court position, and the investigator starts meeting with her. My favorite parts:
  1. The concern over her business proceedings over her romantic life
  2.  The confusion over the word 'partner'. I love that it was interpreted to mean romantic, not business. 
  3. Kalinda's surprised face. It takes a lot to surprise her.

Surprise!

I'm glad that Diane defended Will. Even though on the outside he looks like a bad guy, we as the viewer know that he is generally a decent guy. The difference between Will and Peter is that Will doesn't pretend to be a fantastic person, whereas Peter thinks himself to be great. It does mean that Diane may not be on the Supreme Court, but I don't think the show is willing to give up Diane and she can't be a large part of the show and on the Supreme Court.

Cary/Kalinda/Staff
What are you up to?

I'm not sure if this new firm thing is going to hold out. I think Cary will be made partner at Lockhart Gardner instead to appease the 4th year uprising. They did it once, they could do it again. And I'm not sure Robyn os going to stay, I think she'll stay if the new firm is created because Kalinda would follow Cary.




No comments:

Post a Comment