Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Dude, I Live in My Truck-Lost Girl 3x12

Tamsin
Tamsin is spiraling out of control and it is so entertaining. I mean, I'm sad for Tamsin that she is so torn about her duty to her side and her feelings for Bo, but watching Tamsin climb into the bath with Bo while fully clothed and basically drunkely confess her feelings for her may have been my favorite scene of the night. The sad part comes in at Lauren's apartment, where Bo has to wrestle the bottle of alcohol from Tamsin's hands. Girl is living in her car and cannot deal. As I've said before, I hope she doesn't die next episode so we can see her redemption and her dealing with her feeling for Bo.
Only on Lost Girl y'all.
Bo
Speaking of feeling for Bo, I feel bad for Lauren. I knew something was up with scientist guy, he seemed a little too perfect and then became really. fucking. creepy. in a matter of days. I hate how Dyson tore her apart at the end, because it isn't Lauren's fault. She was lied to and emotionally manipulated by  BOTH the Fae and scientist dude. I hope next season there is a lot of apologizing, because I have a feeling Lauren is going to save all their asses.
Detective Bo is the best Bo.



Kenzi
Lost Girl is generally exists in such a feminist utopia that when it breaks that I'm a little taken aback. Last episode Bo referred to Lauren as 'Laurence' and now the rape culture-yness of Random Fae Dude (I don't remember his name. Did they even tell us?) manipulating a kiss out of Kenzi. I was slightly confused, I thought the show was alluding to them getting together, not Fae Dude working with Tamsin. But they kind of cleared it up with Hale sort of expressing his feeling towards Kenzi and kissing her. I'm glad the point wasn't just to kiss Kenzi, but I feel like the show could have chosen a less cheap and less non-feminist way for us to get there.
Kenzi was spot-on with the dick comments

I'm glad Hale finally kissed her. This has been building for so many seasons and I want Hale, as the Ash, to have a relationship with a human. But Hale is still being a douche. But also not? It's a little weird that he's been MIA for the entire season and then such a major portion of the plot.

Lauren and Dyson
Poor Lauren. I knew something was up with the lab she was working at, and I'm glad she tried to figure it out. I'n not happy that Dyson blamed everything on her, RIGHT AFTER Dr. Felt admitted to using her. Really Dyson? I thought we had made so much progress with you two drinking after Lauren broke up with Bo.
So this was a creep and foreboding shot
I really hope that next season addresses the...racism that the Fae have been exhibiting. This has been why Trick and Dyson, characters we believe to be on our side, have made comments about Kenzi and Lauren's life expectancy and whether or not they are one of them. Those comments had felt off to me all season, but now I understand they were building to this.

Miscellaneous
Can the Morrigan make a law in a Light Fae ceremony? I know that the Morrigan and the Ash were trying to work things out, but this clearly stinks of a Dark Fae plan.

Next week is the season finale. I can see this ending in multiple ways, what do you think is going to happen in the finale?

No comments:

Post a Comment