Saturday, March 30, 2013

Scandal 2X17-Even the Devil Loves His Daughter


Hollis Doyle
Gregg Henry plays evil really well. Especially with Hollis Doyle, who is the worst. Although his daughter might give him a run for his money. Money-wise, wouldn't it make more sense to stay with your family? I'm sure if you stayed, he would give you more than 20 million over the course of your life. You may not be able to use it for drugs, but that is probably a good thing. The drugs clearly affected you badly, you cut off your own fucking ear. The case was interesting, especially having Quinn helping out, but I was fairly certain the daughter was playing Doyle from the beginning. It was the only twist they really had.
Girl, you're the worst


Huck and Quinn
I really love this pairing. I love that Quinn finally has something to do, because I spent the first season wondering why the hell she was even hired. And Huck makes an odd but compassionate mentor. He lets her make her own decisions in the case, rather than having her watch him watch other people. I like the respect the two seem to have for each other, it may be the healthiest friendship on this entire show.

Scandal is creating a bromance over stalking people. Yay?


David Rosen
Does anyone else think David is going to join Pope &Associates? He can't get his lawyer job back, but he's still part of the show. Joshua Molina plays him so well, I really enjoy the humor his character brings. Of course, he had an awkward meal with Abby and Harrison, who I totally think are going to get together at some point. Because A) There's a lot of tension there and B) watching Olivia deal with an office romance would. be. so. entertaining.
You're adorable. Please stay.


The White House
The First Lady yelling at the President for being an asshole was just the best. I have slowly grown to hate Fitz in the past few weeks, with his drinking and general grumpiness. He's a toddler who didn't get his way, please just get over it. You didn't even do anything illegal and you're more torn up about a fixed election than those who fixed it for you. But Mellie yelled and had a fantastic speech and maybe you will become a human being again. Also, I think Bellamy Young is the unsung hero of Scandal because she makes a potentially unlikable character really likable. I mean, her character is kind of evil, but I love it when she is on screen.
Feels


Olivia (and Jake)

We finally talked about it. If this show was to become a drinking game, there would be many rules. But number one was finally talked about.

Olivia only eats popcorn and wine. I don't think I've seen her eat anything else, and I LOVE that the show addressed it.
If I didn't know he was evil, I may have fallen in love with him at this point.


Okay, there's more important things. Jake is the mole?! I didn't really see that one coming, they did a good job of setting up the CIA Director as the mole. But now I'm nervous for what will happen to Olivia. I can't tell if Jake actually likes her or is using her. I mean, he knows that she and Fitz had an affair right? So what's his end game with her?

Scandal just keeps showing why it is becoming one of the best shows on television and I am excited for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment