Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pretty Little Liars 3X24- All Things Truly Wicked Start From Innocence


All in all, a great finale. Yes, I knew Toby was alive, so that wasn't a huge reveal, but we got enough answers as to "Who" this whole A thing is and next season can move into the "How's" and "Why's" of it. I'm gonna break this down by character.

Spencer:
"She wanted to break me so she could put me back together, like her own Humpty-Dumpty."

Spencer's complete breakdown this season has been one of my favorite storylines on this show and possibly all of 2013. Which isn't saying much, because it's March, but whatever. I love it. It makes so much sense that Spencer would be the one to lose it. I mean, if I were any of these girls I would have locked myself in a mental institution a long time ago (as Aria points out), but they haven't. And Spencer's intensity makes her the perfect case study in crazy on this show. So when Spencer revealed she was working for A in the last episode, I was slightly worried. If any of the girls would turn, it would be her. But no, she's back to her Spencer investigating ways, which I was glad for.

"Mo" (a.k.a Mona) watches over Toby and Spencer. I love the mis-en-scene in this show.

I'm not entirely sure she should trust Toby, I have far too many questions for him. When did he join the A team? What has he been doing for Mona. Because Spencer did point out a few episodes ago, only Toby could have tried to steam her to death. Maybe he sent Aria a text to go to her place? I don't know, if I were her I would have punched him in the face instead of having all the sexytimes. As much as shirtless Toby is the greatest, Spencer made really good points. How did Toby stand by and watch her fall so hard without any indication he was on their side? 



Hannah:
"Are you thinking shock treatment?"

Great idea by Hannah to make sure A can't hear them. I really love how her character is never dumb, she gets a few funny dumb lines but then has good ideas. Also, the fucking car. In a show of creepy things, the car covered in lake stuff playing the video on repeat is scary.
Really Ezra? Judging Hannah for inappropriate comments?

I really enjoy that this show gives all the girls their turn at being super-sleuth. Spencer is definitely the one who mostly drives the mystery, but there is equal opportunity knowledge seeking. Hannah trying to Veronica Mars her way into an answer about who picked Malcolm up was entertaining, and I loved that Spencer planned for her to receive that text message.

Aria:
"I mean, Radley is looking better every day. I'm actually ready to check-in. "

Okay, I'll admit it. I hate Ezria. They're boring, he's boring and kinda creepy, and their relationship is just too complicated. Now I don't mean all stable couples are boring, I'm a huge fan of a well-written couple that isn't breaking up every few weeks. Look at Caleb and Hannah for example. They have been together for awhile. They face their problems together and are clearly supportive of one another. Ezra and Aria don't have very many problems, other than their forbidden relationship that no one seems to care about other than Aria's parents. Ezra having a child was the biggest problem and Aria is being the most mature about it. Good riddance I say.
Ezra looking sad his girlfriend is more mature than him.

But, I really enjoyed how the hallway scene paralleled the scene in the Pilot at Ali's funeral because I love me a good parallel (see:all of Fringe). Also, of course he's her sub. I really hope he doesn't just stare at her with his deer-in-the-headlights look (you know what I'm talking about. The one where he looks surprised a girl is talking to him).

Emily:
"If you don't know who she is, that means you're still one of us."

Emily had a brilliant plan to figure out if Spencer is still on their side. But other than that, Emily had very little to do in the episode except spy on Jenna-Melissa-Shauna and fawn over Toby. Emily and Toby are best friends, apparently, even though they like haven't spoken since season 1. So yay Toby being alive? Also, Shauna is creepy as fuck and I'm starting to get worried for Paige. 

Mona:
"I'm never gonna know who she was!"

I love that Mona is now a victim instead of a perpetrator. It's going to change the dynamic of the show and the girls in a fresh and interesting way. But I do wonder how much the girls will trust her. Will she be apart of their meet-ups to discuss A or on a need-to-know basis? Will Spencer tackle her again (please, yes)?

Questions:

Who is in the trunk? It's either Jason or....I don't know. And there's a body in the morgue that might be Jason cause it's not Toby. Also, all the girls gasped, so that makes me think it isn't anyone too important to any of them

Melissa-Jenna-Shauna? WTF? Okay, this was done well. Melissa had to be involved in this whole thing somehow, but Jenna shocked me. Her disappearance this season felt more like the actress wanted to leave, so they just had one of the girls mention she left. Also, she's been a suspect for so long that I thought she was completely innocent
Are Jenna and Shauna together? What was this?

Who set the fire? If red coat, or Ali  saved them, who did the fire setting? Because I thought the plan was for red coat to kill all the girls with the fire. Or, was she going to meet them and MJS team decided to set shit on fire? Is this going to become Team A versus Team MJS? And Toby is so going to be blamed for every fire set on this show because of that lighter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment