Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Lost Girl 3X10-I Think the Tales of My Romantic Heroism Have Been Slightly Exaggerated


"Lost Girl" is such an apt title that goes beyond just Bo. Even though she is the girl the title is referencing, it applies to Kenzi, Lauren, and Tamsin this season. Kenzi was literally lost earlier this season, Lauren has admitted to losing herself over her whole journey with the Fae, and Tamsin seems lost as to what she's supposed to do with Bo and how she feels about her. I don't know if these feelings are romantic for friend-based, I'm pretty sure that whole kiss thing only affected Bo.

I'm so glad Bo and Dyson talked. I'm not a huge Dyson fan to be honest, especially if he is with Bo. I'm generally annoyed with Dyson as a werewolf, I think he follows too much of a stereotype. I don't like the whole wolf who is super masculine and possessive and hairy. Give me Oz from Buffy the Vampire Slayer any day. And his whole "I can love only one" thing reminds me too much of (God help me I'm referencing Twilight) the wolves imprinting on women. Also, the show falls into more heteronormative interactions when they're together. I'm not saying that every heterosexual relationship is heteronormative, I don't believe that at all, but the show becomes that in regards to the whole relationship. But I do like his friendship with Kenzi.

Please become a regular thing!

My heart. I love Lauren, she's my favorite character. And I love her and Bo. I think this show does non-heteronormative so well, and I hope that their break doesn't lead Bo back to Dyson. Although, maybe Dyson and Lauren will become BFFs? Who drink a lot? I would love to see that. Anyways, Lauren deciding that she and Bo should take a break was right and sad. Both Anna Silk and Zoie Palmer are fantastic actresses, their scene together left me in tears. This show treats their relationship to be just as complicated as her relationship with Dyson, I think if Lauren and Bo got together and everything was sunshine and rainbows forever would be too flat. Heartbreak aside, I'm glad the show addressed the recent disconnect between our two lovebirds. Hopefully they can figure it out.

All of the feels
What side is Tamsin going to side with? It seems as though she's after Bo, but will she change her mind? Or will she lead Bo's father straight to her? I wasn't a fan of her at the beginning, but she's grown on me. Basically, if you give me a snarky female character, I will eventually love her. And that's what Lost Girl did. I hope she sticks around for the next season.
Apparently Dark Fae don't teach you how to hug.

Overall, this episode discussed what it should and broke my heart a bit with an entertaining mystery. I'm nervous to see what Bo's father will bring. More pain and misery? Please, no, my heart can't take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment