Saturday, July 20, 2013

You're Following a Lead That Came From a Bird-Pretty Little Liars 4X06

Aria
The minute she walked over to the new guy, I knew he was going to become creepy.

I'm glad she stood up for herself because that's probably the most bad-ass thing she's done. And I'm glad the show injected some real world problems into the storyline. It's easy to forget that reality exists when everyone is being murdered or being framed for murder.




 Also, Mike, really?? I'm glad he finally believed Aria, but you are her brother. You are supposed to believe her over your classmate. And he was totally the one who wrecked the car, even thought they made it look like Ezra.



Emily



What is with the A team being freakishly good at musical instruments? Is Melissa going to start playing the trombone suddenly?

And she's in Ravenswood. What. I just...what.

Why does anyone think that A is going to let them show things to the police? At this point, any response to the police should be "don't fucking ask".



Emily Fields, master spy


And, 10,000 points to Emily for giving Connor garbage duty.


Spencer




You know what's really sad? That a show about bullying, threats, murder, and has the word "Liar" in the title portrays some of the healthiest relationships on television (I mean the ones not involving creepy older men)? I thought the apology scene between Emily and Spencer was well done, but it sucks that it came undone with the reveal of who took the lair. I get that the girls are angry at Spencer, but it's not her secret to tell. Hopefully we wrap up his mother's death quickly.



Also, what the fucking fuck was happening at Ravenswood? Everyone was clearly on drugs and then some sort of religious moment that creepily reminded me of Bioshock: Infinite happened and oh my god I really hope that Spencer and Toby did not eat the food because it was probably poison. 





Originally I was kind of meh about the whole Ravenswood thing, but they have sold me on at least watching the first episode. Some spin-offs dedicate and entire episode to the spin-off and ignore the whole show but this provided a good introduction to this town and the tone of the show. I do have a few questions though, like will they keep that filter? I thought it was cool and really added to the drugginess of everyone's behavior, but I think it would get annoying after awhile. Also, how is Caleb supposed to join the show? No matter what, he should avoid the bottles that say "Drink Me".



Hannah

Hannah is really getting the brunt of A's wrath this season. Her mom and her dad are mad at each other for very valid reasons and mad at Hannah for a very valid reason, but A is the one they should be mad at. At first I thought it was going to be something like her mom took the gun to meet with Wilden for protection, but her mom didn't know why the gun was in her purse. I smell an A set-up, because why not.



Other thoughts:


  • This exchange:Toby: I'm not driving all the way back to Rosewood with low-blood sugar Spencer. That's worse than no-caffeine Spencer." Spencer: "Wow, your girlfriend sounds awesome.
  • Is Grunwald the Big Bad for Ravenswood then?
  • Masks are creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment