Saturday, July 13, 2013

Don't Behead Me, I'm Behind-Game of Thrones 2X02

My hard drive crashed so now I'm even behind on being behind. From now on, once post a day. I promise.


I'm only a fan of brothels if there's singing or Edith Piaf. I really do not care about the man running the brothel. I understand it is important that Joffrey is killing all of his father's bastards, but I really do not care about Littlefinger teaching women how to have sex. Also, too many naked women in the background. I know George R. R. Martin has this quote about writing women as human, but he only seems to do this to the main women and writes naked women into the background. I know it's a patriarchal culture, but that's not an excuse.

Theon Greyjoy. I don't like you. I think you are a misogynist and you are slowly creeping up the do-not-like scale (at the end of the season I will put all the characters on a scale. It'll be fun). Also. You. Tried. To. Seduce. Your. Sister. That is all.

So this whole conspiracy about what Craster is doing with his sons reminds me of every time anti-choicers talk about sex-selective abortion. I know it happens it other countries, but not in America. I think they think women are sacrificing children to some sort of god? I know it's not really what happens, but it's such a ridiculous reasoning to be anti-choice that this is what my mind comes up with.

I'm really enjoying the inclusion of Old Gods vs. New Gods. Its very Battlestar-y to me I guess? And, I like a world where there is religious debate and doesn't include current perceptions of religion. I think its really boring if you create a whole other world and keep Christianity as a religion. Almost as boring as making every fantastical world be medieval England.

Aria and Robert's Bastard. Interesting duo? They both know each other's secrets and seem okay with them. I kinda want them to run away and adventure across the kingdom together because it could be fun.




1 comment:

  1. I am completely with you on Theon Greyjoy being a misogynist. His scenes in the show always rub me the wrong way.

    ReplyDelete